Thursday 22 January 2015

Character profile: Stanley


This is Stanley, one of the less intelligent specimens on this planet. But he always somehow works his way in your heart. Oh who am I kidding... he is an absolute dork! Stanley is that kid that sits on his own at lunch, he's the one whose picked last in P.E, he's the kid who manages to get super powers from the island and save the day by killing the bad guys.

oh that last bit? yea that happens but don't worry ill explain.

The way I came up with the character Stanley is that I needed someone to be the hero in my film. And it was just too boring if it was someone else as it would be too predictable. So I need to make an underdog. And who doesn't like routing for an underdog in films? So Stanley was perfect. I decided it will be him who secretly discovers the islands powers and is a complete badass with these powers. Although, his stupidity can make for an interesting light show...

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment