Sunday 1 March 2015

Who would be the audience of your media product?

Who would be the audience of your media product?

I believe that my audience mainly consists of 14-21 year olds from both sets of genders. This is because most of my characters are also in that age group. When thinking of the film I really wanted to emphasise on the relate ability of the characters to current teens of that age. After looking at current forms of media such as The Inbertweeners and Miss-fits and seeing their success with realistic and relatable characters I wanted to include it in my film.

After conducting some audience research to find out what age group, gender and race the comments that really stood out were the age. I received a even response between males and females and people of different cultures.  This would then help me to develop the film around that audiences such as the type of comedy to have because after all  my film is an action comedy. And also older age groups tend to prefer more psychological action and mystery. Where’s the younger ages prefer explosions, guns and fast cars etc.

The rest of my audience will be people who enjoy comedy and action. The beauty of this is that everyone and anyone could have these preferences. So not only can there be more people wanting to watch the film but these random people can bring friends and family to come along too.


But back to my main audience, 14-21 year olds. These age groups will be enjoying the film more than older people because they live the same lifestyle as the main characters. And back to that word again “relateability” I believe that this will emphasis the comedy effects on the audience because they will all know “that one clumsy person”, “the stupid person” and “the bossy one” this is just what I want because when they see it on the screen they can relate to it in real life too. And that’s the beauty of having this type of film.

No comments:

Post a Comment